Yes it's been too long. I was busy getting ready for a craft show I was selling my jewelry in. It was a lot of work, but with my husband and granddaughter's help we got through it.
I'm back now and thought I'd show you what I did with that strand of black beads and beach glass. That I held out from my Sun Sand and Sea bracelet.
I decided to use it in a necklace...but I really wanted to make a bracelet too. You know what they say... ''necessity is the mother of invention''..or something like that. It occurred to me that I could make both! As you can see in the photo above, I had the strand of beach glass already strung, with Czech glass black Gold wiped beads with some soft gold seed beeds as end accents and I'd decided on some nice gold plated chain so...now all I had to do was connect the two and I'd have a necklace. Hmmm..
Then, I realized that I COULD make a necklace and a bracelet too, by using magnetic clasps as connectors....by adding a magnetic clasp to the ends of the bead strand and another on to the ends of the chain I was able to create a combination necklace and bracelet.
I just use the magnets to connect the chain to the beaded section. simply by removing the chain and connecting the remaining magnetic clasps on the bead strand together...Wallah!! A BRACELET! Then undo the bracelet and reattach the chain and again, A NECKLACE!
I call it a ''NECK-LET'' ..... Pretty cool eh? let me know what you think.




No comments:
Post a Comment