The Bible teaches us that ''There is nothing new under the sun''. It must be true, I should know. Inevitably, whenever I come up with a new idea, no sooner I tell others about it, take credit for it, or publish it in my blog... I find it in a magazine or see it on t.v. or in this case, see it posted on someone elses tutorial or blog.
My last blog was about ''my'' newest invention, the ''Neck-Let''...A combination Necklace/Bracelet. I posted that blog just a few days ago. This morning while trolling through my favorite jewelry tutorial site there is was! ''My''idea! Only, it was executed better with a prettier finished product. Sigh...
My mother could tell you, that when I was about 13 years old...I came up with the ''dual-blade razor'' several years before any of the razor companies ever did. At that age I knew nothing about how to get an idea from conception to the store shelves. I still don't. Had I known, well...maybe I'd have at least made a few bucks selling my idea to one of the big razor companies.
So, even though the point the Bible was making, that all things were created and nothing new would be created, God's work being finished in 6 days after which God rested from His work, the verse still seems to fit my situation as well. I think from now on, before taking credit for any of my new idea's, I'll give it a two year waiting period first. At least that way perhaps I'll save myself the embarrassment that always follows ''my'' so called inventions.
No comments:
Post a Comment