The items you'll need for this project are:
Tiger tail beading wire (or the beading wire of your choice) cut to 10 wires 12 inches long.
A bracelet clasp, a dozen or so jump rings, crimp beads and crimp bead covers (optional).
Any beads you like that represent the Sun, Sea, and Sand (to you). I opted for Sunstone, Pearls, and originally Beach Glass, some little copper fish, gold swiped Czech glass beads, clear crystal beads and some seed beads using colors found in the other beads and some bone tube beads.
I later decided to use the beach glass for something else...the sand will be represented by the glistening clear beads and the many tiny seed beads instead.
Once you get the beads all strung, just crimp each end leaving a small loop to use for connecting the strands to a bracelet clasp of your choosing. I'll use these 5 loop bronze connector bars.
Now either bring the loops together and connect them with jump rings to a clasp bar or you could connect them all to a metal ring or larger jump ring, which you would add a clasp to one end and a ring to the other end and... You're finished!
If you want to, rather than connecting them all in a neat row, you could try criss-crossing a few over the others etc. before connecting them together at the ends. (As I did here).
I hope these directions made sense... I'm new to this:-)
Do let us know in the comments what you think...and how your bracelet turned out!
Now all I need to do is decide which chain to use on the Beach Glass and gold swiped black Czech beads, to use them for a choker/necklace...hmmm I'd love your opinion on this... chunky gold chain or delicate gold chain ??? (see below).




No comments:
Post a Comment